Monday, October 5, 2015

This is it... Skydiving in Bantayan Cebu

This day is gonna be the best day of my life…

And yeah, indeed it was a great day. Skydiving is one of my bucket list. But it was on a special list, in which I don’t know if I could ever do it or if it is really possible. I started planning it to be a reality 6yrs ago, when I saw a skydiving package in Clark on the internet, then I read and read, nag research ako to the max baka nga pwede. But then bigo ako.. It seems hindi na sila nag ooperate or that time close lang talaga. And wala pa sa isip ko yung I’ll go solo pag walang gustong sumama.

Until I saw skydiving greater cebu and I was like oh geezzz.. this is it.. I remember I was in Kalinga when I heard about it last Oct. 2014. And I was like going gaga over it. Whatever the price for it, I’ll go. And thanks to my reliable travel buddy, na game na game sa mga kabaliwan ko, baliw din kase.
Ok I didn’t really planned it kung kelan talaga. I still have out of the country on the first month of 2015, so that means, financially it would be too much.. But then, sabi nga walang makakapigil sa akin… I just booked a ticket to Cebu. Ok then, magdildil na lang ng asin makapagskydive lang.. ahaha

The night before our jump, I was really excited. A lot of things running into my mind, yung totoo may marathon yata sa utak ko. Kinakabahan na na eexcite, hindi ko maintindihan. I would like to believe that i had a good night sleep. We have to be at Sta. Fe airport at 9am.

When we arrived at the airport, we have to sign a waiver. It’s 20pages as far as I can remember, and you have to sign every page. Dito ako nakaramdam ng matinding kaba, panong hindi kakabahan, puro nababasa ko in case of INJURY and DEATH, oha.. e pambihira naman. Ang dami na naman tumakbo sa isip ko, last day ko na ba? Pano kaya ako iuuwi sa amin if ever. Baka mahimatay ang mga magulang ko sa mga pinagagagawa ko. Then I stopped reading.. Ok ok, I want this no matter what, there’s no turning back. Mentally I’m prepared. I stopped reading and just sign every page of it. Whatever happened to me, at least I’m happy when I die. So don’t cry and regret it.

As I finished it, I volunteered to be the first to jump.. (I puffed my medicine muna syempre, baka hikain ako bigla sa excitement). Then Brad put harness on me, and explain every bit of it... Ok ok.. I'm secured and safe.

And this is it.. On our way to the plane.. It's just me and Brad and Boy the pilot.



Ok there’s really no turning back.

And we are ascending I was a bit nervous and anxious, but thank God Brad is so talkative and reassurance that I will really have a good time. The plane has no door, so you can feel the air blowing on your face and body, my mouth was so dry, i don't know if it is because of the wind or I'm just nervous. Brad gave me instructions when we are almost on the right altitude to jump.. Still nervous, you can see how tight I’m holding him. I keep on smiling and reminding myself that it’s going to be alright and fun and amazing. And I’m pretty sure Brad don’t what to die either.. ahahah At that moment i'm hoping that the parachute will work,,,gaaahhh...
And this is it… We are at around 12,000 ft high, and you will realize, oh God, it's so high... I put my legs on the flatform right outside the open door, and I can feel the strong wind, I cant steady my legs, but because af strudy body of Brad, I was steady. Eto na nga po, i'm on the edge.. Parang napapakanta na lang ako ng "I'm on the edge of glory..."
And i'm filled with the adrenaline, like nothing i've experienced before. This could be the amazing few seconds of my life, when you jump...the few seconds.. I can't describe the feeling.. you want to scream but you can't even hear yourself..


I know i'm screaming but it's so loud i can't even hear myself.. In a few seconds you are falling at about 140mph. But it doesn't feel like falling.. It feels like a ton of wind blowing at me, so intense, and i'm just there chilling watching the scenery... You can't hear anything, it's so loud but peacful in a way.

After around 30seconds, it's time to open the parachute.. During the orientation, Brad asked me if i want to pull the parachute trigger, and i said yes.. Brad grab my hand and guide me to open the chute... And it was like..arrrggghhhhh, masakit sya sa dibdib, because of the harness. It pulls hard on you, as in.. But after awhile, Brad unstrapped me, para daw makahinga ako ng maluwag and he knows it's kinda masakit.. and it's ok now.. Super enjoy ng view, and from there, tuloy ang kwentuhan namin ni Brad.. He asked me if I'm ok, and welcomes me to his world.. O diba bongga, and sarap lang talaga sa pakiramdam... I really thought it was so scary. But it's not...at all..  

Afte 10min or 15min we prepare for landing.. Ayun, instructed me to just keep my feet up, his feet hit the ground first, then mine. And then it's over.. 

I'm so glad I did it, i wanted to do it again.. I want solo skydiving.. I wish i could.. pero sobrang pricey naman kase.. huhuhuh... Maybe...one day.. (Wishful thinking)..

Sobrang saya lang talaga... It's been 6months na, but I can still feel it.. Next is.. bungee..super looking forward... Pero super kabado ako sa bungee.. woohhh... next year, next year...

4 comments:

  1. So I'm quite terrified of heights, skydiving is something I don't think I'll venture into in the future unless my life depended on it. Looks like you had a blast though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This is included in my bucket list. The photos look awesome! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, and wow. What an experience you had right there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Razz, sana kaya ko ang powers mo sa pagka adventurous, wala eh, talagang nilalamon ako ng takot kapag extreme na. hehehe, daan ulit, thanks sa pagdalaw sa nilulumot kong bahay..mag iisip ako ulit anong pwedeng i blog, heheh. Nice to see you kicking back here. :)

    ReplyDelete